Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ashley Rath | Wedding Pro

One of our favorite parts about being in the wedding industry is getting to meet some of the most fabulously talented people who make wedding events divine, beautiful and truly unforgettable. One of those special individuals is Ashley Rath from Dishy Events, and we're totally thrilled to have Ashley as our newest BrideTide Wedding PRO! Keep an eye out for her expert advice and opinion in our Total Wedding Planning category. Welcome aboard Ashley!
Hello BrideTide readers! I’m happy to be here and joining this wonderful and extremely talented community of bridal bloggers! It seems like a long time coming, but in reality I’ve only been doing this on my own for about two months now. Can you believe that?! 2010 has been a life changing experience for me thus far and now I’m ready to share everything I know and learn with the wedding blogosphere!

But first a little about me – I’m a Kansas City, Missouri native who migrated to St. Louis after I finished my Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism from the University of Missouri. I went on to complete my MBA in 2009 and I married my best friend (a.k.a. the love of my life), Robin, in October of last year. We live just outside St. Louis with our 100lb Weimaraner, Tycho, one of the largest wannabe lap dogs around! I have a passion for planning and organizing events AND things – one look at my closet and you’d think I have OCD, which I actually might.

I am a lover of all things wedding related and I have been since I was a little girl, not to mention I’ve probably cried at every single one I’ve been to! And now lately, there is nothing I love talking about more than weddings. Why is that? Two months ago, I decided to take shot and start my own event planning company in St. Louis, Dishy Events! Even though I had been working with a local planner for the last five years, it was always my dream to make it a reality for myself and on my own! With Dishy Events, came the excitement of a new web site and of course, my Dishy blog! In fact, my blog and Twitter are what led me to the BrideTide community and allowed me to take the step toward becoming a Pro Wedding Blogger.

I’m looking forward to helping all of you make your wedding dreams come true – one piece of advice at a time! Happy planning and happy reading! Cheers!

Follow Ashley on Twitter
Blog Widget